We have some new features for this release:
The CodeComponentSidecar YAML is being replaced by a dotfile format. This allows us to better merge user-created data with automated CodeComponent imports from repositories. You can read more about how to use dotfiles in the docs.
- Add dotfile processor for adding data to imported code components
- Deprecate CodeComponentSidecar now that dotfiles can be used to merge data for imported CodeComponents
GitHub Actions integration
We're releasing a new GitHub Action soon that will allow you to generate SBOMs and track them in OpenContext.
- Add SBOM type for AuxComponents
Also some bugfixes and other improvements:
GitHub CodeComponent import
- Add error logging to paginated GitHub GraphQL queries
- Add rate limit logging for GitHub APIs
- Add a 1 sec wait to queryWithPaging to avoid GitHub's secondary rate limit. This change makes 1 request per second to avoid concurrency issues.
- Add runbook type to AuxComponent